Two vacancies for the position:
Data scientist/software engineer / bioinformatician,
with solid software engineering affinity and skills
Do you want the chance to make a lasting impact on the Health and Life Sciences industry while working in a young and dynamic company? Omnigen is looking for two data scientists/software engineers/bioinformaticians to join our close team of professionals.
The main focus of your position will be back-end development, architecture design and cloud-based implementations. This will include (for example) transferring and/or translating structures to Google Cloud and implementing Google Cloud Computing for our internal and external services. For this purpose, we offer you the chance to obtain the required (additional) Google certifications, in case you do not already have these. These skills are essential for the current Omnigen infrastructure since the Omniyou Platform and B2B projects involve large scale Cloud infrastructure.
B.Sc. or M.Sc., medior level or higher, in bioinformatics, informatics, computer sciences or a related field of informatics.
Competences and experience
- Experience and affinity with and certifications for (Google) Cloud Computing; or willingness to gain certificates for (Google) Cloud Computing
- Experience with serverless application development, cloud infrastructure and networking.
- Solid experience and affinity with PHP (Symfony framework), Docker and building and maintaining API’s are required, or an ability to demonstrate knowledge on this otherwise.
- Experience in Python/Django is a welcome extra for this position.
- Interested in learning and working with new technologies, as projects at Omnigen can be very diverse, learning to work with new technologies will thus be a big part of the job.
- Dutch speaking with English proficiency or English speaking are both welcome to apply.
- Independent ánd strong team player.
- Willingness to learn and fast learner.
- Innovative, creative, inventive and proactive.
- Solid communication skills; with colleagues and B2B.
- Relatively stress-resistant.
- Preference for working in a commercial SME with a focus on scientific research
What we can offer you
- A gross salary between €2.200,- and €4.500,- per month based on a 32-40 hour work week, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Travel expenses
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home part of the week
- A training budget
- A company-issued laptop
- Dedicated and supportive colleagues
We are a small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) with bioinformatics consultancy, Google Cloud services, and software engineering as core businesses. Furthermore, we strive to dedicate a large part of our work to scientific research and the development of clinical diagnostic platforms for (oncological) healthcare. Next to these activities, we have a subsidiary company that offers direct-to-consumer genetic testing (Omniyou). We are a Google certified partner, and as such, implementing Cloud Computing for (biotech and life sciences) companies is one of our strong suits. Our team comprises bioinformaticians, biomedical scientists and supporting staff.